Freedom of Information Act Requests
This form language is optional but may enhance your use of the Freedom of Information Law. You may choose to utilize certain portions that are most applicable to your request. Please cut and paste the entire form into a new e-mail, read all provisions, and delete those that do not apply. The subject line of your request should be "FOIL Request".
Dear Records Access Officer:
(1) Please e-mail the following records if possible [include as much detail about the record as possible, such as relevant dates, names, descriptions, etc.]:
(2) Please advise me of the appropriate time during normal business hours for inspecting the following records prior to obtaining copies (include as much detail about the records as possible, including relevant dates, names, descriptions, etc.):
(3) Please inform me of the cost of providing paper copies of the following records [include as much detail about the records as possible, including relevant dates, names, descriptions, etc.].
(4) If all the requested records cannot be e-mailed to me, please inform me by e-mail of the portions that can be emailed and advise me of the cost for reproducing the remainder of the records requested (25 cents per page or actual cost of reproduction).
(5) If the requested records cannot be e-mailed to me due to the volume of records identified in response to my request, please advise me of the actual cost of copying all records onto a CD or floppy disk.
(6) If my request is too broad or does not reasonably describe the records, please contact me via e-mail so that I may clarify my request, and when appropriate, indicate the manner in which records are filed, retrieved or generated.
(7) If it is necessary to modify my request, I would prefer to be contacted at the following telephone number: _____________.
(8) If for any reason any portion of my request is denied, please inform me of the reasons for the denial in writing and provide the name, address and e-mail address of the person or body to whom an appeal should be directed.
Address [if records are to be mailed].
Please use the following e-mail address to send your request:
REQUEST FOR RECORDS BY MAIL
Please send requests to the following address:
Niagara Frontier Transportation Authority
181 Ellicott Street
Buffalo, NY 14203
Attn: Records Access Officer
Subject Matter List
REQUEST FOR RECORDS IN PERSON
Requests may be made in person at the above address. Normal Business Hours: 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. These requests must be presented in writing to the Records Access Officer using the format suggested above in the E-Mail section.
For more information regarding information request, contact
the Committee on Open Government.