- Develop a working relationship with other law enforcement agencies, the patrons of our transportation system,the Buffalo Niagara business community and the Buffalo Board of Education.
- Work with other local agencies to evaluate and update the response to large-scale emergencies through disaster planning and incident command procedures.
- Identify and minimize crime in our jurisdiction through collaborative problem solving efforts
- Develop new ways to involve the police department in the community
- Increase training, staff capabilities and promote professionalism.
- Continue to review and update policy and procedures to keep pace with legal issues and changes.
- Update an awards program for the Transit Police Department in order to provide recognition for our officers.
- To train all Transit Police Officers in the Community Law Enforcement Interaction Program.
- To minimize crime and create a safer atmosphere for the the traveling public by educating the community and deploying manpower as needed.
- To incorporate all Transit police officers in collaborative problem solving strategies by disseminating Community Policing training methods through our assigned Community Policing Division.
- To create an intelligence network between the Transit Police and other area law enforcement agencies. This objective will include the prosecution of criminals.
- Use a proactive approach to crime, which emphasizes public safety and prevention.